Thursday, November 5, 2015

We Say We Love Jesus... But Not Our Neighbor?

I make you uncomfortable
When I'm around
You always find a reason
To shut me out
You don't understand me
So you push me away
And you claim
Jesus lets you live that way
Tell me

Why me?
Why am I not welcome in your company?
Why do you treat me like an enemy?
If you believe the way you say you do
Oh, then why am I unlovable to you?

This is something that has been on my mind for awhile. As humans we are flawed, and can be very judgmental beings. That's a given being fallen sinners, but it doesn't mean that we should judge who is good and bad, and who is a believer and who is not. It doesn't mean we should judge the people that dress differently, talk differently, live differently, or act differently than we do.

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you.” -Matthew 7:1-2

And I know that some of you may be thinking that I'm judging for writing this blog, that I'm a hypocrite. Yes, I am thinking the same thing, but I am trying to work on these things myself. So this blog post is as much me writing to myself as I'm writing to you (Hence why I use the term we).

“Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.” -Matthew 7:3-5

We should stop pointing out everyone else's faults and mistakes, instead we should except them and love them. We should show them the love and grace that Jesus has shown us, and continually pours out on us. Why else did Jesus respond to the scribes and Pharisees when they asked what they should do to the woman caught in adultery, (A woman they thought should be stoned) He said to them “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.” and once they had left, Jesus (the only one truly without sin) does not condemn her either.
He is showing us that even him the son of God, does not judge. He except all those who come to him.

So we say we love Jesus
But didn't we kill Him?
Cause we thought He was different
What was He thinking
What was He feeling
I bet He was saying

Why me?
Why am I not welcome in your company?
Why do you treat me like an enemy?
If you believe the way you say you do
Oh, then why am I unlovable to you?

Let's start to try living a life like Jesus, loving the outcast, the different, the unloved. Let's show nonbelievers what true Christ followers really are.

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” -John 13:34-35


God Bless!

(Song Quoted in this post "Unlovable" by Plumb)

No comments:

Post a Comment