Saturday, September 28, 2013

He Gave His Life

Jesus gave his life for you. He didn't have to, and he could have changed his mind and saved himself instead. But he loved you so much that he laid down his life, so you can live!
A while back I was talking with my friend about how we feel like we're just wasting our lives doing things that will account to nothing. My friend said something that made me think of something, she said; "I feel like I'm living on borrowed time, and I need to do whatever it takes to make it mean something." In a way we are on borrowed time, because we sinners should have died instead of Jesus who is prefect.
That made me think of a passage in Matthew 6; “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." -Matthew 6 19-21

We need to use our time investing in heavenly things, basically God and his people. Because I'm pretty sure when we go to heaven there won't be any cars, computers, or phones. 

~Deanna, just a girl running on borrowed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment