On June 1st only 10 days till I was going on my mission trip to Romania, I saw on Facebook that a family friend who works for OM (Operations Mobilization) had shared a video about OM Arts Training: Incarnate 2016. I was filled with passion and excitement. A four month intensive, discipleship training for artists and ministry with art in Italy none the less, it sounded amazing! Then I left for 3 weeks, and after a lot of prayer and challenges. By God's work I am now on the journey to Italy and this amazing opportunity to use my artistic gift to share the gospel.
A few details about the trip:
- I leave January 24th and return home May 16th.
- Incarnate 2016 will be hosted at Isola Evangelical Center, in central Italy.
- There will be at least 20 hours of studio time per week during the 12 weeks of training
- Incarnate festival weekend exhibiting the artists’ best work and art created in collaboration with local artists. The valley is blessed a truly international event and naturally connect the local churches with mainstream culture.
- The last month of the program is a Field placement so that I can immediately put into practice what I have learned. And pursue my calling to global missions as an artist.
I'm ecstatic about this opportunity to get intensive training in visual arts. But I'm not going yet, I need your help to get me there. I need $6,500 by December 11th. You can donate by going to this link, every bit helps! (and put "Deanna Barclay" in the comments)